Malampuzha Dam Palakkad, Malampuzha Tourist Places
The Malampuzha dam is a 6,066 ft. masonry structure built across Malampuzha, a tributary of Bharathappuzha, with a net-work of canalsystems. It has an ayacut of 42,090 hectares. The dam and reservoir are located about eight kms. from Olavakode railway station and 13 kms from Palakkad town. The project was started in 1949 and commissioned in 1955. Having a catchment area of 145 sq.kms., the reservoir has a capacity of 8000 m.e.ft. of water. There are two canal systems. The left bank canal traverses a distance of 32 kms. to irrigate cultivable areas in the taluks of Palakkad, Chittur and Alathur. The right bank canal with a length of 32 kms. irrigates areas in Palakkad taluk. The reservoir also provides drinking water to Palakkad town.
Road Way : 150 Km | Aprox. time- 2 -1/2 hrs